Monte Isom – Making Real Money The Business Of Commercial Photography
Are you a photographer who has an amazing portfolio but still struggles to land the jobs you want? Maybe you’ve been a professional photographer for years but you still haven’t connected with advertising agencies or international brands. Perhaps you feel like your photography business has plateaued and you’re not sure how to expand. In Monte Isom’s new tutorial, Making Real Money: The Business of Commercial Photography, you will get an inside look at what it takes to land work from advertising agencies, the world’s largest magazines, and international campaigns. This tutorial is an inside look at the highest level of photography. All of your questions about the industry will be answered.
Who is Monte Isom?
Monte Isom is a commercial and advertising photographer based in New York City. Over the course of his career, he has photographed everything from Hollywood movie posters to massive global advertising campaigns for many of the worlds most prominent brands. Monte’s client list includes Adidas, Nike, Gatorade, Visa, Allstate, New Balance, BodyArmor, Marvel, Spike TV, National Geographic, and dozens of other high profile brands and networks. Before Monte started photographing for himself, he assisted many of the most successful photographers including Sandro Miller, Gregory Heisler, Albert Watson, Peter Lindbergh, Timothy White, and Martin Schoeller to name a few.
For years, we have wanted to film the ultimate tutorial on the business of commercial photography but we needed to find the right instructor. We wanted to team up with someone who was not only a well-accomplished photographer but someone who understood the industry’s best-kept secrets. Monte Isom is a true master at marketing and he has a complete understanding of how the industry works from all sides. For the past 20 years, Monte has built connections in every area of the advertising world and he has used his knowledge and these contacts to land big budget jobs year after year. For the first time in his career, Monte is finally sharing everything he has learned that has taken him from being a photography assistant to one of the most sought-after photographers in the world.
Topics Covered In This Tutorial
- What to Put on Your Website
- Marketing to the Right People
- Mailers, Emails, Cold Calls, and Non-Traditional Marketing
- How to Stand Out in a Conference Call
- When to Work for Free VS When to Demand Payment
- Building Impressive Treatments and Decks
- Winning the SEO Game
- Understanding the Different Points of Contacts
- Drafting Competitive Estimates
- Understanding License Usages
- Making Money with Copyright Infringements
- Beating the IRS and Tax Audits
- Budgeting the Shoot and Paying Your Assistants
- Working Direct to Brand vs Through an Advertising Agency
- How Photography Agents Work
- Working with Celebrities
- Finding Extra Money in Editorial Work
- Carnets and Working Overseas
Get Monte Isom – Making Real Money The Business Of Commercial Photography right now!
Interviews With Industry Insiders
Although Monte has an incredible amount of knowledge about the advertising industry, it was important to also include information from other industry professionals. Throughout this 15 hours tutorial, you will hear not just inside information from Monte, but also nine other creative professionals who work in different areas of the industry. Many of these interviews are with the art buyers or the “gatekeepers” of the advertising world. These are the people you will have to win over to land the big clients and high paying jobs. Each of these interviews is a priceless look into a unique facet of the industry.
The creative professionals Monte interviews in this tutorial don’t just work in the industry, many of them have reached the top of their field and have decades of experience working with many of the highest paying clients and most expensive photographers in the world. Collectively these interviews should give you a great understanding of how each aspect of the industry works and what types of photography budgets each industry has for a campaign.
Finding Success in Smaller Markets
Throughout this tutorial we interviewed creatives working for some of the largest and most successful companies in the industry, but it was also important to hear the perspectives of other players in much smaller markets. So while much of this content focuses on the markets of Los Angeles and New York City, we also include interviews from Charleston, South Carolina to help those photographers trying to climb to the top of their own small emerging market.
Story Time with Monte
This tutorial is a major departure from other Fstoppers tutorials in that it is built around a lecture style format. We wanted to focus 100% on the business of commercial and editorial photography, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a bit of fun as well. Sprinkled throughout this tutorial is a hilarious series we created called Story Time With Monte. Set in an Irish pub inspired living room, Story Time is where Monte rehashes some of his most memorable stories about breaking into commercial photography, assisting some of the industry’s most acclaimed photographers, and learning life lessons on making photography a successful career. These candid bar room narratives are filled with outrageous photography story after outrageous story only capable of being told by Mr. Isom himself.
What’s included in the Digital Download:
- 14 1/2 Hours of Video Content (1080p, 23.9fps, H.264 mpg4, 20GB of material)
- 20+ of Monte’s Real Job Estimates, Invoices, Emails, Carnets, Lawyer Letters, and Treatments
- 9 Unique Interviews with Art Buyers, Creative Directors, Art Editors, and Producers
- 7 Episodes of Story Time with Monte
- Access to Monte’s Private Business of Photograph Facebook Group
A. Product Quality
- We ensure that the quality of the course is good, and we update them regularly to help you keep update.
- If there is a problem you can not use, please let us know so we can fix it soon or if there is any notification, we will inform you immediately.
B. Shipping Method
- After receiving your payment, we will send you a link to access and download the course. If our team is not in the office, please wait for us about 8 hours to come back.
C. Refund Policy
- We do not accept refund after you got the link and download the course.
- We will refund your money in case of:
- Item is not as described
- Item doesn’t work the way it should
- Item support extension can’t used